Remember: all information, content, and material of this website is just for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or your healthcare provider/personal fitness trainer.
Editor-in-Chief of the Gym Expert
People's Choice #1
Dymatize ISO 100
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard
Best Overall: Dymatize ISO 100 Review
Dymatize ISO 100
- 5 lbs of Dymatize ISO100 Gourmet Vanilla Protein Powder (76 Servings)
- 25 grams of protein, 5.5 grams of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), and 2.7 grams of Leucine per serving. 1 gram or less of sugar and fat per serving
- Scientifically formulated, fast-absorbing, hydrolyzed, 100% whey protein isolate. If your goal is gains in muscle size and strength, ISO100 is your perfect partner
- Easy on the stomach, gluten free with less than 0.5g of Lactose. Sweeteners like sucralose, steviol glycosides are present
- With 110-120 calories per serving, ISO100 can help support your keto diet, low carb diet or high protein diet. Add to your favorite recipe or high protein shakes!
100% Whey Protein: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Review
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard
- Packaging may vary - New look, with the same trusted quality
- Gold standard 100% whey blend – 24 grams blended protein consisting of whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides to support lean muscle mass – they don't call it the Gold Standard of quality for nothing
- Over 5 grams of BCAAS ‚Äì help build lean and strong muscles with BCAAs
- 3-4 grams carbs, 1-3 grams sugar, and 1-1.5 grams fat, gluten free, no sucralose in double rich chocolate flavor
- Instantized – Improves mixability to prevent lumps and clumps
Paleo Friendly: Vital Proteins Review
- Bioavailable Collagen Peptides Powder ---- Sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine to ensure a high quality and sustainable source of this powerful ingredient. Digested and absorbed by the body quickly for maximum benefits.
- Health Benefits ---- Original Collagen Peptides with Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin C is Vital Proteins exclusive product. Helps improve the health of your hair, skin, nails, joints and ligaments, and tendons**.
- Easy to Use ---- Soluble in hot or cold liquids, including coffee, smoothies, and tea. 1-2 scoops a day is all you need! It can be taken in the morning, afternoon or in the evening.
- Certifications ---- Paleo Friendly & Whole30 Approved. No added sugars or sweeteners. Gluten / cholesterol / heavy metals / dairy free. Flavorless, odorless.
- 20g Collagen Powder per Serving ---- We provide a scoop to measure it, which two scoops of powder = 20g. That's also why the container isn’t full and just has to leave room for the scoop. And our product quantity is based on weight, not canister size.
Aspartame Free: Body Fortress Review
- One 5 lb container of Body Fortress Vanilla Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder
- Scientifically advanced blend of protein powder contains 60 grams of protein and delivers 12 grams of BCAA’s per two scoops
- Vanilla protein shake powder contains amino acids plus Creatine for improved training recovery (1)
- Body Fortress Protein Powder contains zero aspartame and is gluten free
- Vanilla protein drinks are ideal for pre and post workout, or as needed throughout the day in order to meet your daily protein requirements
Suitable for Lactose Intolerance: BiPro BOLD Review
- FLAVOR FOR EVERYBODY - BiPro's delicious product lines make it the ideal lifestyle choice for busy families, health enthusiasts, and anyone looking to make a positive impact on their diet, no matter their level of experience with fitness & nutrition.
- SATIATING & BALANCED - Provides 23g of naturally sourced protein from 100% protein isolate. Designed to make you feel full longer without any stomach aches and pains.
- CLEAN & NATURALLY-SOURCED INGREDIENTS - BiPro BOLD contains no fillers or artificial flavors and is gluten-free, hormone/RBST-free, has no added sugar, certified kosher, and is suitable for lactose intolerance.
- BOOST METABOLISM - Burn fat and build or maintain muscle with high levels of essential amino acids (EAAs), branched chain amino acids (BCAAs), and 2.3g of leucine content for optimal muscle growth.
- DO MORE WITH YOUR PROTEIN - Shake it. Blend it. Bake it. BiPro can be added to your favorite pie fillings, smoothies, breakfast foods, desserts, and more. For ideas, visit the recipe page on our website.
Proudly Made in the USA: Pure Protein Review
- 100% Whey.
- Packed with 25g protein
- 100% Whey provides a low fat, great tasting treat that can help satisfy your appetite any time of the day.
Keto-Friendly: Vega Sport Premium Review
Vega Sport Premium
- 30 Grams of plant based protein powder with 5 gram BCAA amino acids and 5 gram Glutamic Acid. Amino Acid profile containing 9 essential amino acids pea protein powder, pumpkin seed, organic sunflower seed.
- Support recovery post workout with ingredients like tart cherry, turmeric extract and 2 billion CFU probiotics (bacillus coagulans) to help build muscle and support recovery.
- Made for athletes - NSF Certified for Sport, Non-GMO Project Verified, Certified Vegan protein powder and gluten free.
- Keto-friendly protein powder for women and men with 4 gram net carbs, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors, lactose and dairy free, soy free and non whey. Not a medical food
- Smooth taste and texture, just blend or shake with water or your choice of beverage post workout – or even add some fruit to make a tasty protein packed smoothie
100% Non-GMO: SFH Pure Review
Plant Based: Orgain Review
- New look and label, same great product! Includes 1 (2.03 Lb) Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder, Creamy Chocolate Fudge
- 21 grams of organic plant based protein (pea, brown rice, chia seeds), 2 grams of organic dietary fiber, low net carbs, 0 grams of added sugar, 150 calories per serving
- Mix with water, milk, or your favorite protein shake recipe for a quick breakfast or snack drink. Use when bakin grams to give your cakes, muffins, brownies, or cookies a protein and energy boost
- Ideal for healthy, on the go nutrition for men, women, and kids. These are great for meal replacement, smoothie boosters, buildin grams lean muscle, muscle recovery, and pre or post workouts
- We simply advise against using a microwave as it may negatively impact the nutritional value of the product.
Award Winning Formula: KOS Organic Review
- Amazing Flavor: Infused with organic Peruvian cacao, Himalayan salt, organic coconut milk, a dash of stevia & monk fruit, our award-winning protein blend is simply delicious! Add 2 scoops to cold water for tasty shakes or mix into smoothies & snacks.
- Weight Management: Great protein powder for weight loss. The soluble fiber in plant protein gives you that “full” feeling for a longer period of time. You eat less but not at the expense of calories. Still packed with 20g protein per serving.
- Complete Protein: Our USDA Organic vegan protein powder has a 5 protein blend of Pea, Flax Seed, Quinoa, Pumpkin Seed & Chia Seed + essential vitamins & minerals. Healthier than whey protein powder for both your body and the environment.
- Digestion Support: Enhanced with powerful digestion support by DigeSEB, a proprietary digestive enzyme blend. DigeSEB aids digestion & helps the body maximize absorption by embracing & capitalizing on its ingested nutrients.
- Responsibly Sourced: Nearly every ingredient is certified organic and free of gluten, dairy, soy, hormones, artificial sweeteners, colors, and GMOs. Made with USDA and CCOF certified ingredients.
What Are Proteins?
Proteins are complex macromolecules that consist of 1-2 long-chained amino acids. Proteins are necessary for the growth, repair, and reconstruction of cells and tissues. Whey protein – a kind of protein found in the watery portion of milk – enhances muscle growth and aids in weight loss.
Benefits of Protein Supplements
Some people find it difficult to include sufficient proteins in their diet. It mainly happens because plant-based proteins are usually not gluten-free. A gluten free protein powder will not affect your dietary plan, and at the same time, you will receive an adequate amount of protein.
Given below are some of the benefits of protein supplements:
- Building and Preserving Muscle Mass
According to research, protein supplements help gain muscle mass, especially for people who work out daily. For example, whey powder gluten free can help you to lose weight and, at the same time, enhance lean muscle development.
People who exercise daily require protein supplements to increase their strength and improve performance. Post-exercise protein intake can improve muscle hypertrophy. It also helps in restoring energy to your body in the form of muscle-glycogen. It reduces the sore feeling in your muscles, resulting from exercise-induced muscle damage, which in turn enhances performance.
Research demonstrates that drinking protein supplements can help people to lose weight. For example, whey protein is an excellent supplement for overweight people. Whey-protein supplements increase fat loss and enhance lean muscle development in obese patients and help them get in shape quickly.
Why Choose Gluten-free Protein Powder?
Gluten is a naturally occurring compound in cereals like wheat, rye, barley, etc. Food items like pasta, cakes, flour, bread, or grain-based food contain gluten. However, consuming gluten can damage your small intestine lining and prevent vital nutrients’ absorption. It can also cause deficiency diseases like anemia, osteoporosis, etc.
Therefore most people resort to a gluten-free diet, which is more healthy for their body. It allows you to enjoy food items like unprocessed meat, fish, dairy products, fruits, vegetables, gluten-free bread, etc. without putting a strain on your stomach lining. Therefore, if you plan to incorporate a protein supplement in your regular diet, make sure that it is also a gluten free protein powder.
Picking the Best Gluten-Free Protein Powder: Main Considerations
Given below are specific considerations that will help you to select the best gluten free protein powder
There are various types of certified gluten free protein powder available in the market. Depending upon your requirements and diet-type, you can choose:
Whey protein is gluten free and that is a fact. It’s available in the form of concentrates, hydrolysate, and isolates. Concentrates contain most of the essential nutrients with a little amount of fat and lactose. Hydrolysates contain proteins in a pre-digested form, so your body absorbs it with ease, while isolates have a high protein content but lack other nutrients.
A gluten free dairy free protein powder contains essential amino acids that can easily be absorbed into your bloodstream. It has a neutral taste because of the much lower content of artificial sweeteners. However, compared to whey proteins, it is deficient in some essential amino acids.
Total Protein Content
Before buying the best protein powder you chose, make sure to evaluate the total protein content in it. If you have gastrointestinal problems or kidney diseases, try the ones with lower protein content. If you engage in regular strenuous exercise, select a powder with high protein content.
Different gluten free protein powder reviews have other purposes. Choose protein supplement according to your need.
If you want to enhance muscle mass and improve development of lean muscles, choose hemp protein powders to aid you in this process.
You can incorporate protein powder in your diet to cut down on your intake of dietary calories and lose weight.
Timing and Amino Acids
While incorporating a protein powder into your diet, it’s best to consult a dietician. It will help you understand whether you must consume the supplement before or after workout. Different amino acids enhance several bodily functions. Depending on your requirements, a dietician will help you select a product ideal for you.
- Allergies/Food Intolerance: Protein powders often contain allergens like soy, nuts, etc. Avoid products that contain these allergens.
- Diabetes: A vegan gluten free protein powder doesn’t always have low sugar content. If you have diabetes, then thoroughly look at the ingredient label and check the sugar content before buying it.
- Kidney Disease: If you have a history of Kidney disease, always consult your doctor before selecting gluten free protein shakes. Try to choose a product that has a lower protein content.
- Gastrointestinal Problems: Sometimes, protein powder can induce or even make your gastrointestinal problems worse. Avoid a lactose and gluten free protein powder with artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners.
How Much Gluten-free Protein Powder to Take?
If you aim to enhance your muscles or help them grow, you must consume 0.73 to 1.1 grams of protein intake per pound of your body mass. According to some studies, gluten free protein drinks affect resistance training-induced muscle gains in healthy adults.
If you plan to lose weight, then 0.36 to 0.73 grams of protein intake per pound of your body-mass will be ideal for you. Generally, people who work out more require a greater quantity of protein supplements.
When to Take Gluten-free Protein?
If you are a fitness buff, a protein shake 15-60 minutes after a strenuous workout session will work best for you. It will energize you and reduce muscle soreness.
Want to lose a couple of pounds? Consume a protein shake after every workout. You can have a protein shake after your meals if you don’t work out. Research shows that it’s more effective in losing weight than having supplements with your meal.
Good protein powder has many benefits, but it is not always easy to select the best one without the necessary knowledge. We hope this article helped you learn more to finally select your best gluten free protein powder 2021. Take your pick so you can lead a wholesome and blissful life!