Remember: all information, content, and material of this website is just for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or your healthcare provider/personal fitness trainer.
Editor-in-Chief of the Approved By Coach
Best for Heavy Squats
Best Overall: Iron Bull Strength Knee Sleeves Review
- ✅ PREMIUM 7MM KNEE SLEEVES (1 Pair): Featuring 7mm Neoprene Flex-Material designed for maximum support, compression and stability for CrossFit, weight lifting, powerlifting, bodybuilding and more! Our sleeves are also competition approved: USPA & IPL Approved Gear
- ✅ KNEE COMPRESSION & SUPPORT: Our 3-D design provides a contoured fit for perfect joint compression and warmth with optimal breathability and comfort.
- ✅ ANTI-SLIP TECHNOLOGY: The knee sleeve upper limit features double silicone gel strips to lock it in place during intense activities. Never re-position your sleeves again during a WOD or intense workout!
- ✅ PREVENT INJURY: Knee sleeves reduce pressure and swelling during activity proven to promote muscle recovery and prevent injury. Increase performance and confidence instantly on all your lifts!
- ✅ SIZING CHART: Please use sizing chart in listing images to order the correct size. You need to measure your true knee size with a flexible tape.
Top Quality: Inzer XT Knee Sleeves Review
- More comfortable and easier to adjust than wraps
- Ideal for rehab and injury prevention in heavy lifts
- Easy to put on or take off between sets and better blood flow than wraps or neoprene
- Sold by the pair, Made in USA
- SIZING: Measure around your lower thigh in inches. The lower thigh should be measured 3” up from the middle of your knee. Make sure your thigh is relaxed. (S: 13-14) (M: 15-16) (L: 16-19) (XL: 19-21) (XXL: 21-23) (3XL: 23-25) If in doubt or in between sizes, go with the larger size.
Patented Design: Sling Shot by Mark Bell Strong Knee Sleeves Review
Sling Shot by Mark Bell
- STRONG KNEE SLEEVES BY MARK BELL: 7mm thick level 3 neoprene, the Strong Knee Sleeves provide compression with strong rebound to allow a lifter to take on max weights with confidence.
- WARMTH & COMPRESSION FOR DYNAMIC MOVEMENTS: The patented design knee sleeves are comparable in strength to a light knee wrap, but with the convenience and comfort of leaving them on throughout the entire workout.
- SLING SHOT EFFECT TO LIFT MORE WEIGHT: The compression STrong knee sleeves allow you to stack weights and rebound harder out of the hole under maximal weights.
- INJURY PREVENTION: The Strong Knee Sleeves provide your body awareness, cueing for your knees and neighboring parts of the body, and keep you in a better position during a lift.
- SIZE CHART: XS (11-12in), S (12-13in), M (13-14in); L (14-15in); XL (15-16in), 2XL (16-17in); 3XL (17-18in); 4XL (18-19in). Measure around the center of your knee with a straight leg. Order Size Down for Competition fit.
Safety & Optimal Range of Motions: Rehband Rx Knee Sleeve Review
- Feel more confident and secure in any activity, from weekend warrior pursuits to powerlifting or elite competitive sports. The classic Rehband 7mm model provides knee support with comfortable, flexible, knee joint compression. Our 7mm neoprene knee compression sleeve acts as a mobile knee support that offers warmth, relieves pressure, and improves coordination for any activity.
- The Rehband knee support pattern construction is built on an anatomical fit so unique that it has been patented! Due to this product’s medical classifications, they are sold as a single unit. Note a package will contain a single knee sleeve.
- The Rehband knee sleeve provides reinforcement all the way around the knee, and allows for a safe, optimal range of motion in any leg-driven activity - whether you’re an elite athlete or just casually active, and no matter how old you are. It’s perfect to help prevent strain or injury, while also ideal to use for faster recovery and rehabilitation from knee strains or other wear and tear.
- Rehband has been a top-flight, dependable creator of knee supports and other joint support technology for decades, making only the highest quality handcrafted products since 1955. Designed in Sweden and produced in Europe, we build our products in close collaboration with athletes. We keep one foot in medical science and one foot on the sports field to address every point of potential need for our customers.
- If you’re like Rehband, you want to make the best possible choices in your life, and for your health. Choose Rehband and find out why so many of the world’s most elite athletes select our knee sleeves over any others. Opt for the uncompromising, premium quality and superior design of Rehband knee support to stay healthy, get stronger, and reach your full potential.
Heavy Duty: ProFitness Knee Sleeves Review
- Strengthen With Support – Enhance your exercise with your top-notch ProFitness knee sleeves for weightlifting for men and women! Extra-thick, 7mm, premium neoprene weight lifting sleeves maintain muscles’ warmth and stabilize their structure, improving form and lessening the chance of injury.
- All Lifts, No Slips – Skip knee compression sleeves that slide or shift. Your weightlifting knee sleeves stay put through rigorous sets of squats, lunges, and deadlifts thanks to their nonslip, gripping technology.
- Comfy Equipment – Crush it in comfort with your knee brace set. Your washable compression sleeve pair offers snug support for working out, squatting and powerlifting with soft, flexible material and an ergonomic design that hugs without pinching or riding.
- Bag Your Braces – Grab and go dominate your goals! Complete with a zippered outer pocket for personal items, your carrying bag secures both knee wraps for weightlifting with a drawstring for a compact pack you can toss in your gym bag or store in your closet.
- (Pro)Fitness For Life – Like you, your knee sleeves set is built for action. Crafted with extra-strong nylon thread and heavy-duty neoprene, your lifting knee sleeves provide support and injury protection for years to come.
Very Comfortable: Jupiter Knee Sleeves Review
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Jupiter neoprene knee sleeves are the perfect knee sleeves CrossFit brace and are also the perfect knee brace sleeves for weightlifting, powerlifting, running and other workouts
- PROMOTE RECOVERY AFTER WORKOUTS: Our neoprene knee sleeves compress the knee joint while acting as a knee brace support. As a result, the knee support sleeves promote blood flow to assist with recovery
- EASE KNEE PAIN & PROTECT YOUR JOINT: Knee protector reduces the risk of sudden jerks and twists that can leave you injured! The knee stabilizer cuts down on the risk of discomfort, so you don't end up sidelined
- DURABLE AND WASHABLE: Heavy-duty neoprene and secure seam ensure durability and withstand high forces and friction. It is also lightweight, comfortable, and washable. It allows maximum freedom of movement and secure fit
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: If there is an issue with your product for any reason, please email us and let us know,we will REFUND your payment or send you a new replacement
Lifetime Guarantee: Ironside Knee Sleeves Review
- THOUSANDS SOLD - 7MM HIGHEST QUALITY - Unlike many Knee Sleeves available today, our Ironside Knee Sleeves are super strong, thick and made from the highest quality 7MM NEOPRENE designed specifically for ultimate support. Durable, high quality feel and thickly woven to provide extra compression strength and added comfort. Perfect for women and men. New listing is reason for lack of reviews but we've had thousands of happy customers.
- KNEE STABILITY - Our Premium Weightlifting Compression Knee Sleeves relieves aching muscles and warms tendons, ligaments and joints for better performance while you lift. These lightweight squatting knee sleeves provide a unique compression element that increases blood flow and reduces knee pain when bending.
- COMPRESSION SUPPORT- These cross training knee sleeves are designed to support your knees by using 5mm and 7mm black neoprene material. Adding support to your joints helps avoid unnecessary pain and injury, and allows you to lift more weight. Provides knee support for squats and tightly holds the knee in place.
- PREVENT INJURY- Sleeves unique heat retaining effect and strong compression have a warming effect on the knee that reduces risk of injury. Take care of the most important joint in your body while weightlifting, bodybuilding or any other exercise!
- GUARANTEED - We guarantee you will love this pair of Knee Sleeves. We are so confident in our products that we back them with a lifetime satisfaction guarantee. Our customer support team is always willing to help, and if you find our sleeves just don’t do it for you, send them back our way for a full refund or replacement! HIT THE 'ADD TO CART' BUTTON NOW!
Great Price-Quality Ratio: Gymreapers Knee Compression Sleeve Support Review
- MAXIMIZE ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE & LONGEVITY - Through strenuous product testing, research and experience our 7MM neoprene knee sleeves will provide superior knee support and protection for years into your fitness endeavors. Keeping our community strong and healthy as they achieve and surpass their health and fitness goals.
- STOP KNEE PAIN & PREVENT INJURIES -With reinforced stitching & 7MM neoprene material, the compression effects from our knee sleeve pair are shown to assist in recovery, mobility, and injury prevention. Determine your size by referring to the photo gallery..
- EQUIPPING ALL YOUR FITNESS NEEDS - We included a reinforced gym bag at no charge to store and carry all of your gym equipment. A perfect fix to the problem of carrying too many things at once.
- 5 STAR CUSTOMER SERVICE & QUALITY- Discover why our customers rate Gymreapers #1 in customer service and product quality. Our products are backed with a 60-day hassle free return option. Try them risk free today!
- JOIN THE MOVEMENT - Whether you're powerlifting, cross training, weightlifting, bodybuilding, or trying to figure out where to begin our knee sleeves are perfect for your chosen craft. With our 1 Year Warranty, get a free replacement if you have any issues. 100% Guaranteed.
For Better Confidence: ZEALSPOT Compression & Support Knee Sleeves for Weightlifting Review
- ★ 7mm THICK Neoprene Fabric: Made of heavy duty Neoprene fabric,The knee sleeve with reinforced stitching that makes our Compression Support strong and durable. You will get a mental and physical feeling of safety and strength during the high intensity or big volume workouts.
- ★ PREVENT INJURIES & REDUCES PAIN: The knee sleeves are designed to provide the best support and protection for both men and women. The Zealspot Knee protector is proven to prevent injuries and promote the muscle recovery.
- ★ INCREASE PERFORMACE: The compression provided by the Zealspot knee support help you to perform more controlled and stable movements.
- ★ COMFORTABLE FIT: Ergonomic design with soft lining provides ultra comfortable fit and freedom of movement. No slipping, No Rolling off.
- ★ IDEAL FOR: Weight lifting,olympic lifts,power lifting,squatting, gym, WOD, cross training, deadlifts,bench press, body building and other heavy fitness workouts as well as wrestling,volleyball and other sports.
Designed for Women: Mava Sports Pair of Knee Compression Sleeves Review
- UNMATCHED CUSTOMER SUPPORT: If you didn’t get the right size or the color you wanted, please contact us and we will take care of everything ASAP. We answer all our messages in less than 12 hours so you’re in good hands. We pride ourselves with offering unmatched customer support!
- 7mm THICK that actually offers Support - Our Pair of Knee Compression is Proven to help with INJURY PREVENTION, promoting muscle and joint health, offering optimal muscle support during wear.
- ANATOMICALLY SHAPED FOR PERFORMANCE - They provide the right amount of support and compression without feeling cumbersome or uncomfortable . Achieve more from your sessions with these strong neoprene knee sleeves. NOT for all day use !
- EXTRA SUPPORT & STABILITY - relieving muscle stiffness and soreness, providing that little help with pain and knee discomfort, arthritis, osteoporosis, tendonitis . Their unique design provides the best support for heavy squats, cross training, wods, gym workouts, powerlifting, rowing, burpees, lunges, heavy lifting, machine, deadlift, leg presses and high intensity weight lifting.
- SIZING CHART - Please check it for a perfect fit and superior comfort. Do NOT order a size down since it won't give you better compression. These are suitable for both men and women and available in multiple colors. MATERIAL COMPOSITION: 100% neoprene
Which Knee Braces and Sleeves Can You Use for Squats?
The best knee braces for squats and knee sleeves offer protection, comfort, and stability. We highly recommend the best knee brace for squats with patella support as they give the best results. The second option is for sure those with neoprene material that is well-known as the best weightlifting knee sleeves on the market. They have the most compressed structure. You can also use the best knee wraps for squats in addition to knee sleeves.
Why Athletes Use Knee Sleeves
- Now, as we know by now, the best knee sleeves protect you from injuries. But turns out, that’s not the only reason why so many athletes, and especially powerlifters choose them. As it turns out, with the best knee sleeves for powerlifting, you can increase your lifting capacity from 22 to 33lbs! (10-15 kg). And if you use powerlifting knee sleeves with more compact material, you can manage the heavy loads. Now that’s pretty impressive!
- The most suitable knee sleeves for weightlifters are lighter models, preferably with tight stitching since they give stability and allow for easier movements.
- CrossFit requires more flexibility of movement, so you will need firmer material
How Can Knee Sleeves Improve Your Lifts: Scientific Evidence
While there has been little research on the best knee sleeves for squats from what the studies we know today they supposed to help you with lifting, as well as:
Knee Sleeves May Help Generate More Speed Out of the Hole
Milettelo’s (2009) research showed that with the best knee sleeves for squats you can get more speed from the bottom of squats. And fast movements can be critical for doing squats with a heavy load. In fact, some squats trainers even insist on fast-twitch muscle fiber training for the best performances.
Knee Sleeves Keep the Joint in a Better Angle
The correct way of doing squats requires the adequate position of knees. Plenty of videos explain how to do the squats properly step by step, but as an amateur, you are likely to make mistakes, at least in the beginning. Of course, nobody’s perfect, and even the most skilled professionals will make mistakes. However, the problem is that those mistakes can cause injuries. And we are pretty sure that you don’t want to take any risks. With support from the best quality knee sleeves, you can provide safe squats exercises and keep the knee joint at a proper angle.
Knee Sleeves Increase Warmth and Decrease the Inflammatory Risk
Unfortunately, joint inflammation is not a rare phenomenon. Both men and women in their early 40s may experience some pain in the knees. And for those who are into weight lifting the knee, inflammation can be caused by lifting loads too heavy for them.
If you keep your knees warm during the performance, you can, in some cases, prevent inflammation. And all the best knee sleeves for warming the joints are made from soft and compressed materials. So if you are prone to knee injuries, you have to find the best quality knee sleeves that prevent inflammation.
Knee Sleeves Might Have Some of the Performance Benefits of Knee Sleeve, but Not to the Same Degree
It is possible to wear just one knee sleeve, especially if you twisted the muscle on one leg. But we still recommend that you wear both as it is better to keep the balance.
A study was conducted, involving 10 participants that showed that knee wraps, i.e., sleeves increased mechanical output but changed the technique of the back squats in particular. According to it, the way how the squat was done, could potentially lead to an increased risk of an injury. On that note, it is essential to say that if you have an injured knee, a knee sleeve shouldn’t be used as a remedy. In the case of injury, act like a responsible adult and contact your doctor immediately. Knee sleeves are meant to support your knee, not heal it.
Apart from that, never forget to do a warm-up exercise before every squatting session. Yes, not everyone might have the time, but stretching is always essential, especially if you’re a powerlifter and regardless of your fitness training.
Knee Sleeves May Increase a Lifter's Confidence Under Heavy Loads
Why do so many lifters get totally crazy about promoting knee sleeves? The answer is easy: they are satisfied with the effects and better results. And improved results usually correlate with increased confidence. Knee sleeves provide you stability, strength, and consequently, better performance.
Plenty of powerlifters told us that the first association when they think about knee sleeves is increased self-esteem.
What to Look for in Best Knee Sleeves for Squats?
Searching for the best knee sleeves for squats requires time, a good eye for details, and patience. To spare you from these troubles, we’ve decided to share these knee sleeves for squats reviews.
Thus, always keep in mind that the best quality knee sleeves must have a: good quality material, a thickness suitable for your level of training, of a good quality brand, size, and be durable.
Knee Sleeve Stability and Material
The best knee sleeves powerlifting efficiency depends on the material, which provides stability and pressure. That’s because strong and compact materials provide plenty of stability, necessary for lifting heavy loads. On another hand, light materials are more suitable for beginners and regular gym exercise. And while what material to go with depends on you, many knee sleeves reviews from experienced users often advise:
Neoprene is the best known compressed material for knee sleeves since it’s rather durable.
- This compressed material is perfect for super lifters because it provides extra stability to the joints
- It is easy to put it on
- It is easy to choose the size
- If you are a beginner or Cross fitter, the knee sleeves made of neoprene can be too heavy
Combination of synthetic materials like nylon, spandex, and latex is also a pretty good choice.
- This light material can give you the flexibility that you need for squatting, running, cross lifting, and light weightlifting, etc.
- TThis kind of materials are soft, comfortable, and suitable for all
- TUsually, it’s machine washable, but you need to adjust the washing program for lower temperatures
- You have to know how to choose the proper size
- You can have difficulties putting it on
- Synthetic materials can cause irritations
Professional tip: experienced weightlifters have practical advice on how to put knee sleeves in the fastest possible way. Usually, the first wrap the knee into a plastic bag and then put the knee sleeves that are made from synthetic material. In this way, the knee has warmth, and your knee sleeve is fixed. Plus, it provides great compression.
Knee sleeves are usually sold in three different thickness levels. Every variant has its value and is designed for a specific type of squat training.
- 3mm thickness is for activities such as regular squatting and running. It is highly recommended for beginners and those who take longer breaks between training. If you want to do the squats with weight lifting, you have to choose another thickness option.
- 5mm thickness knee sleeves are functional for custom weight lifting and basic training in the gym. They can also be the best knee support for squats and lunges exercises.
- 7mm knee sleeves have their best purpose for professional training, and with them, you can even do squats and deadlifts on the same day.
Construction and Durability
The more compressed the material is, it will for sure last longer. One warning, if you buy a synthetic model, don’t put it into a washing machine at temperatures higher than 104F (40 C).
Neoprene materials are the most durable ones, and that’s why we like them so much. If you search in category knee sleeves for squats reviews, you will find that plenty of people like this material. As we mentioned before, neoprene materials are made for professional use, so if you think about going to another level of your training routine, it’s a good investment.
As you probably already noticed, a lot of brands are present on the market. We want to point out Inzer and SBD because those brands got the best knee sleeves for squats reviews from professional lifters. We believe in their estimation, so we highly recommend Izer and SBD knee sleeves.
Those items can be additionally padded so you will get the most protection for your squats exercise. We won’t hide that those brands are pricey. However, if there’s one thing a lot of knee sleeves for squats reviews from people taught us, it’s that it’s best to pay a bit more for quality once.
Knee sleeves for squatting are usually in one size that fits all. Still, some brands have a different size from 3xs to 5xxl. The size depends on the volume of your calf and thigh. The easiest way to pick a size is, of course, to try the item in the shop. But because of the pandemic, we would certainly recommend online shopping, as it’s much safer. Plus, most sellers offer a measuring table, so that you could determine which size would work the best for you.
How to Measure for Knee Sleeves?
At first, before measuring, be sure that your knee is in a slightly bent position. Then, use a soft tape measure. Your task is actually to measure the volume of your thigh and calf at a precise point.
First, place the tape in the middle of the knee, and from that point measure 6 inches up and below. Mark those spots with a marker and then measure the volume.
For more exact results, you can also ask a family member or friend to do the measurement.
How Tight Should Knee Sleeves Fit?
Not too tight, since you don’t want to put much pressure on your knees. Knee sleeves should be comfortable in both positions when you are standing and in a squatting pose. If you loosen them too much, then it also can’t serve the purpose.
Professional tip: try to have your knee sleeves stay fixed while you run. If you feel comfortable while running, then this is the perfect fit for you.
And that’s all for our knee sleeves reviews! As you can see, they are a pretty versatile and convenient thing to have when squatting. However, it is necessary to keep in mind that knee sleeves for squatting are supposed to serve as a protection and support, not a magical remedy. Other than that, knee support for squatting is a great option to improve your weightlifting performance and become stronger.
And with that said, we sincerely hope that we’ve helped you learn all about the best knee sleeves for squats 2021! So have you ever used one of these? What do you think about them?