Remember: all information, content, and material of this website is just for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or your healthcare provider/personal fitness trainer.
Editor-in-Chief of the Approved By Coach
Top for Home Gym
Best Overall: CAP Barbell LAT Pull Machine Bar Review
- USES - Attach this LAT bar to your home gym or Smith machine to build upper body strength
- CONSTRUCTION - Built with solid steel with a black finish
- FEATURES - Revolving hanger and knurled handgrips; Knurling provides a secure, non-slip grip when using the LAT bar
- SPECS - 48-inches in length; Weighs 11-pounds
- TRUST - Trust experience. CAP has been a pioneer in the fitness industry for over 30 years with locations worldwide. Chances are, if you have ever worked out before you have used a CAP product.
Versatile Accessories: POWER GUIDANCE Triceps Pull Down Attachment Review
- 33" & 34" Pull Down Bars for LATS - Constructed of high-quality solid steel with polished chrome finish. 0.6 inch hole can fit easily for all cable system. Textured rubber coating handle,provides ergonomic & secured grip during workout, provides a balanced force to both arms when attach it to any gym machine.
- Nylon Braided Tricep Rope - Made of heavy-duty black nylon braided rope with solid rubber ends, it also features a hard chrome swivel that allows flexible movements for your triceps pull-downs workout.Please note that our biceps rope needs to pull the rope, not the ball head, otherwise the ball head will be pulled all the time and it will easily fall off.
- MULTI-WORKOUTS - Extral large Shaped bar Great for a variety of lateral exercises to work out your triceps, lats, back, arms and shoulders. Tricep rope is ideal for triceps press-downs, straight bar curls, upright rows, seated rows, and many more exercises.
- Package Includes - 1 * 33" LAT Pull Down Bar +1 * 34" Pro-Style LAT Bar + 1* Nylon Braided Tricep Rope + 2* Snap Hooks
- Why Choose Us - At POWER GUIDANCE, we fully stand behind our products. If you don't 100% love our products, please don't hesitate to contact us, and we do our best to make sure you are satisfied again
- STRONG & VERSATILE – Our Synergee Pro Style Lat Bar Cable Attachments are made with high-quality steel. On top of that, they are chrome-coated for rust resistance and to increase the longevity of your bar. The knurled outer handles and inner bar provides various no-slip grips to build your lats, traps, rhomboids, and serratus muscles.
- PRO-STYLE, ERGONOMIC DESIGN – Your comfort is paramount! Each Synergee Pro-Style Lat Bar offers various grip options and a smooth-spinning attachment for seamless reps and uninterrupted range of motion. Of course, your muscles will still burn – but there will be no awkward cranking or squeaking from the equipment! The Pro-Style also offers handles on each end for comfortable, wide grip.
- UNIVERSAL ATTACHMENT POINT – Our Synergee Pro-Style Lat Bar includes a point for attaching onto any cable machine that has a standard carabiner. Simply clip the carabiner through the attachment hole and get to work. It’s as fast and as easy as that!
- WHAT’S IN THE PACKAGE – This Synergee Pro-Style Lat Bar Cable Attachment is 24” long straight bar with knurled handles on either side, knurled bar for narrow grip, and a rotating bracket to attach by carabiner to your Cable Machine. This bar weighs 8.5lb.
- NO SWEAT GUARANTEE – Leave the sweating and swearing for your training! Buying from Synergee means quick, hassle-free, and caring customer service! Plus, we offer a better-than-money-back guarantee: if there is an issue with your product for any reason, we will send you a new one quickly and absolutely FREE! 100% Customer Satisfaction is our Number 1 Goal!
Advanced Construction: CAP Barbell Deluxe LAT Bar Cable Attachment Review
- USES – This Deluxe LAT bar attaches to your home gym, Smith machine, etc.; Incorporate this LAT bar into your strength training routine to build upper body mass
- CONSTRUCTION – Crafted from steel and finished in chrome; Revolving hanger for full range of motion
- FEATURES – Rubber handgrips provide a firm, comfortable gripping area so hands don't slip when using this attachment; Chrome finish prevents the bar from oxidation; Steel construction offers a durable, long-lasting product
- SPECS – 38-inches in length x 7. 5-inches wide x 1. 75-inches in height; Weighs 9. 5-pounds; 30-day manufacturer's
- TRUST – Trust experience. CAP has been a pioneer in the fitness industry for over 30 years with locations worldwide. Chances are, if you have ever worked out before you have used a CAP product
Anti-slip Handle: yuhqc Barbell Deluxe Revolving Bar Review
- This chrome multi-exerciser bar attaches to your home gym, Smith machine, etc
- Steel construction with knurled handgrips
- This chromed multi-exerciser bar attachment is ideal for developing a variety of arm muscles.
- Revolving Hanger & Rubber Handgrips
- Package Sides & Package Dimensions: 20 Inch(20 x 2.2 x 2.2 inch , weighs 5 lbs);30 Inch(29.5 x 4.6 x 2.2 inch , weighs 8 lbs);M (15 x 6 x 6.5 inch , weighs 6 lbs);36 Inch(36.5 x 5.6 x 2.2 inch , weighs 9.8 lbs) 46 Inch (46.5 x 6.5 x 2.8 inch , weighs 12 lbs)
What is a Lat Pulldown?
Pull-down bar machines are very common in the gym and come in several variations. Different lat pulldown bars have different mechanisms of working but essentially perform the same task. This particular workout aims at working up the muscles of the shoulders and back as well as the biceps. Simply put, when you perform a pull-down, you pull the bar closer to your upper chest engaging your back muscles in the effort. And unlike free weights, this is not only more effective but also safer for your spine.
What Muscles Does Lat Pulldown Work?
Like we already mentioned, the best lat pulldown bars help you achieve a strong and muscular back. But if you wish to know all about the mechanism and how it does so, you must know the exact muscles it targets. Pulldowns primarily target the lats or the latissimus dorsi, which is the widest muscle in your back. Pulldowns strengthen it and promote spinal stability and good posture. The secondary muscles that it targets are the core, forearms, deltoids, biceps, lower and upper back.
To be more precise, the lat bar exercise works the rhomboid muscles on the upper back, as well as the lower trapezius that pull the shoulder blades down. It also strengthens the rear deltoids that are resinoid for pulling the arms backward. Lastly, it targets the elbow flexors, the biceps brachii, and the brachialis
How to Choose the Best Lat Pulldown Bar?
The perfect length of the pulldown bar is not very easy to determine and what works best for one may not work the same for the other. However, ideally, the best lat pulldown bar with handles must not be too wide for you to grip. Although some people specifically train with wide grip pulldown bars, we’d still suggest using a moderate width. It should be a bit wider than the shoulder width. If your bar is too long, it can be difficult to work out with. But if your bar is too narrow, you may have the same problem and find it uncomfortable to use. Hence, always go with what feels most comfortable. Besides, there are different lat pulldown bars width from 30 to 50 inches in length.
There are two lat pulldown bar types when it comes to the shape – straight and bended one. The latter is more comfortable work than the former. Simply beside it becomes straining on the wrists to remain straight as the grip begins to get wide.
The bended lat pull down bar helps with the grip and makes your exercise a lot more comfortable. A bendy pulldown will allow ease on the grip and the wrists remain in a perpendicular angle with respect to the bar.
There are several materials that a pull-down can be made. And they all vary in terms of sturdiness. According to many lat pulldown reviews, all the top pulldowns are made of steel. That is because, this material is very durable and sturdy, so you can expect these to serve you for a long time. But on the other hand, quality comes with a price, and steel lat bar can be more expensive. Some of the cheaper bars made of chrome but they are not durable and break and dent quite easily.
The grips generally consist of knurling on the bar, a padded or rubber grip around the handle, or in some cases, you may find a handle attached to your equipment. Each variation comes with its sets of benefits and which one is right for you depends on a lot of factors. While preparing our lat pulldown bar reviews, we have tried to find out how grip can determine your whole session.
To begin with, you must first consider how rough a grip you can handle while lifting. If you want a rough grip and it doesn’t make you feel uncomfortable you may go for the bars that employ knurling as they are rough and suitable for pro athletes mainly. If you are a beginner or simply do not prefer straining your hands, you should go for the rubber or padded grips.
You can also wear a wrap on your palms but rubbered grips are the best as they do not make your palms sweat or strain too much. In that case, a neutral grip lat pulldown bar would be an ideal option.
If you want to make your home gym impressive, getting attachments is the way to go. They make your equipment more versatile and more than the basic utility.
- The right kind of lat pulldown bar attachment is very important. Universal carabiners for bars can be attached to the home cable pulley machine.
- You can also look for a TDS power rack to accompany your pull bar.
Tips to Use a Lat Pulldown Bar Properly
How to Do a Pulldown bar?
If there’s one thing we’ve learned while creating our lat pulldown bar reviews, is that you always need to perform it correctly. Because if done wrong, you can sprain your wrist and muscles on your back. And in some cases, you can even get injured. Thus, always make sure that you’re performing lat pulldown bar exercises the right way:
- Attach the wide-grip bar and adjust your knee support so that your legs lock in. This will give you the right posture.
- Grip the bar finely with the palms facing you. The width of your grip must be wider than your shoulders.
- Lean slightly on your back, lift the chest, and hold your torso taut.
- Now pull the bar towards the upper chest while you squeeze your shoulder blades together. The movement of your elbow is very important here. They must move downwards.
- Do not lean back while you do this, you can end up hurting your back real bad.
- Now slowly and steadily release the weight. Let it return to the starting point without pulling you in.
Key Do’s and Don’ts
- Select the right amount of weight on the machine. The weight will depend on the level of your workout, your body weight and how much you want to stretch it. The weight should allow you to comfortably perform eight to fifteen repetitions with proper form. If you find yourself slouching, you might want to either reduce the weight or take a break
- Maintaining the form is of utmost importance. Do not try to stretch your boundaries with too much weight that could refrain you from maintaining a good posture while working out.
- Keep your bottom aligned on the seat and your back straight. Use the inside handle grips and pull the lever towards your chest. While you do this, make sure you are engaging your lats and not entirely your biceps to pull the bar.
- Exhale when you are pulling the weight down and inhale when moving it the way back up.
- Do not be fidgety with your elbows. Keep them close to your body and maintain control over them as you do the lifts as well as put them down
- Lean back as you pull the weights towards your chest. You will miss out on targeting the muscles you want to.
- Lose control of the pull down bar or weight as you return to the starting position. This might just overstretch your back and cause injury.
- Take weights more than you are comfortable working out with.
All and all, lat pulldown is a wonderful and useful exercise that will help to strengthen your back and improve your lats and rear delts. And the best lat pulldown bar is an essential tool when you want to get the most out of your exercise.
With that said, we sincerely hope that our little research helped you learn all about this great device, and will help you find only the best lat pulldown bar 2022! Or perhaps you’ve already tried some of these before?