Remember: all information, content, and material of this website is just for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or your healthcare provider/personal fitness trainer.
LAVERA STEWARTEditor-in-Chief of the Approved By Coach
Battling mom butt is a challenge most women face after having their first baby. This is such an uncomfortable and disheartening thing that can make you feel very insecure. But don’t worry, there is a way to get rid of this annoyance and get the buttocks you want. And we would love to share it with you!
What Does It Mean: Mom Butt?
First, we need to understand what mom butt means, exactly. Basically, it’s just saggy and flat buttocks, that come as a result of muscular imbalances after childbirth. The front side of your body becomes tight and shortened while the backside is overstretched.
Why is My Butt so Flat?
You may be wondering – “Why is my bum getting flatter?” Some experts believe flat butt is hormonal, while some say it’s due to a budge in body position during the pregnancy period. At this time, your abdominal muscles become tight, whereas the glute muscles become weak.
Possible Ways to Enlarge the Buttocks
There are several methods that will help you battle the mom butt and enlarge it. You can find a lot of these methods online: from oral pills to surgeries and injections, padded boosting undergarments, and many more. However, how can you know that some of these methods are safe? What if they’re too expensive? And what’s more important, you can’t be 100% sure that these methods will bring you results. The best and safest option will always be to get the bigger buttocks naturally, via exercise. It’s the tried and true method that costs nothing but will bring you results and other benefits, and will improve your well-being.
Best Exercises for Bigger Butt
There are a number of exercises that work on your lower body, but we’ve collected only the best ones that will bring you impressive results if done consistently and correctly:
A squat is a strength training exercise that involves both the upper and lower body muscles. Most of these muscles give you power for daily activities such as walking, lifting loads, climbing stairs, bending, etc. Squats strengthen the core, reduce the risk of injury, and strengthen the lower body.
There are several versions of this exercise; most importantly is to start with bodyweight squat; that’s the most basic, then gradually incorporate weights as you get comfortable.
- Specs - 110, 000 Psi tensile strength Japanese cold rolled steel; 15 Inch loadable sleeve length; The shaft length (inside length between the sleeves) is 51; 5 inches; Handgrip diameter 28; 5 millimeter; 5 year
- Construction: Built from solid cold rolled steel with a black phosphate finish; Used for training, this bar measures 2185 millimeter in length and weighs 20 kilogram (44 pounds); For commercial or home use
- Features – The sleeves are designed with snap clips and the bar features medium depth diamond knurling for a secure grip when lifting heavy; Built to accommodate any 2 inch Olympic plates; No center knurl
- Durable: Original bar is made of steel, black oxide finish and polished steel sleeves; Color bars are ace coated in red, blue, purple or pink & have UV stable acrylic clear coat with metallic flake; Green and orange bar have same quality with matte finish
- Trust: Trust experience; CAP has been a pioneer in the fitness industry for over 30 years and has locations worldwide; Chances are, if you have ever worked out before you have used a CAP product
- Hip Thrusts
The hip thrust is one of the best saggy buttock exercises because it strengthens and increases glute size. If you want that “bump” shape bum, then this is the way to go. Just like squats, you can also start with the basic bodyweight hip thrust that gradually adds on weights. Hip thrust produces higher levels of metabolic stress to the glutes giving you strength and lower back stability.
- Leg Push Backs
Leg push backs are a simple exercise that can be done anywhere. It gives power to your hamstring, glute muscles, and, more so, strengthens your core and lower back.
Adding clams to your exercise routine is a perfect way to strengthen outer hip and glute muscles. To do it the right way you have to:
- Lay on your side with closed and bent knees,
- Lift the upper knee, hold it for two seconds, and slowly lower it down to the first position,
- Repeat both legs several times.
- PATENT WEIGHT ADJUSTABLE DESIGN: Nice C adjustable dumbbells come with removable weight bars that allows you to set your desired weight. The ends of the dumbbell can be opened and weight bars can be either added or removed upon your preference. This allows you to efficiently use one set of dumbbells for many exercises instead of buying multiple sets.
- COMPREHENSIVE EXERCISE SET: Unlike most dumbbells that require multiple purchases for different weights, this all-in-one dumbbell allows you to have a versatile workout. These dumbbells can be used to sculpt your arms or tone your back. This product is perfect for improving overall health or encouraging weight loss. It can also help strengthen your upper body or core. The adjustable design makes it easy to stay fit at home.
- MULTI-WEIGHT SETTING: The dumbbell alone weighs 2.3 lbs. each. Weight bars are included to allow you to adjust the weight of your dumbbell. There are 4 weight blocks total for each dumbbell. Each weight bar weighs 0.55 lbs. In order for the sides to be even, you must add them equally on each side. The lowest weight is 2.3 lbs. and the highest weight is 4.5 lbs. per dumbbell.
- NON-SLIP SAFE DESIGN: The slip resistant Neoprene allows you to feel safe and be worry-free while doing your workout. Both the Neoprene and upgraded curve-shaped handlebar allows for a better grip so you can improve your coordination and avoid any injuries or accidents. This simply designed dumbbell can be used to strength train and to build your muscles in order to keep healthy and avoid muscle atrophy.
- Glute Bridge
A sedentary lifestyle will most likely weaken your glutes and cause severe lower back complications. And glute bridge exercise helps strengthen named muscles and make the lower back more stable. To do the glute bridge you have to:
- Lie on the floor facing up.
- Bend your knees while your feet stay flat on the floor.
- Lift your hips and squeeze your glutes hard until your shoulders, hips, and knees form a straight line.
- Dumbbell Walking Lunge
Dumbbell walking lunge is an improved version of the basic bodyweight lunge. Instead of doing it at a stationary point, you incorporate weights and walk forward by lunging both legs putting more weight on your heels. This exercise helps strengthen leg muscles, hips, glutes, and abs.
Mom butt can be a really uncomfortable condition for a woman: it makes you feel insecure and nostalgic for days when your booty was in shape. But there’s no need to feel gloomy, as there’s still hope! The right attitude and hard work will let you achieve anything you want. What’s more, we’re certain that with given exercise you will get an attractive, shapely booty in no time. And of course, don’t forget about proper nutrition! Make sure to eat a lot of vegetables, fruits, and especially protein, since it’s the building block in the muscles building and development. If you’re a vegan or vegetarian there are plenty of alternative sources of protein and you can even consider taking some protein bars for women , all of these options are delicious and nutritious. Of course, don’t forget about hydration too!
Keep these tips in mind, and you will get rid of your mom butt, and enlarge it in no time!