Remember: all information, content, and material of this website is just for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or your healthcare provider/personal fitness trainer.
Editor-in-Chief of the Approved By Coach
Top Multipurpose Model
Best Exercise Bench for Home: Finer Form Multi-Functional Weight Bench Review
- All-IN-ONE MULTI-PURPOSE BENCH – Designed for multiple workouts, targets most major muscle groups, shape your abs, back, chest, glutes, hamstrings and core.
- GYM-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION – Made with high grade steel and scratch resistant powder-coated finish to stand up to the hardest exercise routines.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE DECLINE AND FLAT SETTINGS – 1 flat and 2 decline bench settings with 4 foot adjustments and 8 thigh support cushions for simple, smooth height adjustments.
- STRONG AND STABLE DESIGN – No wobbling or shaking! Extra supporting tubes form a Triangle frame structure, which handles up to 660 lbs. and provides stable support for variety of workouts.
- FREE WORKOUT CHART W/ PURCHASE - Get a free PDF workout chart that shows dozens of great exercises that you can do on your new Multi-Functional bench.
Great Quality: FLYBIRD Adjustable Bench Review
- 【Fashion Adjustable Bench】Fashion design with unique triangle structure, made of heavy-duty commercial quality steel, 600LBS WEIGHT CAPACITY give you a safe fitness experience, no worry for stability.
- 【Fast Adjustment With Simple Methods】Designed with 6 back positions & 4 seat positions for Full Body Workout, you just pull support bar, adjust to the place which fit yourself and all is done!
- 【High Cost-effective Bench】Used 9.7" width backrest, and the pad all is filled with soft foam to 1.8" thickness and made of high quality leather, fit for up to 5.9". This is a very good choice for primary or middle fitness fanatic.
- 【Save 70% Space】 FLYBIRD foldable bench, easy to carry & NO ASSEMBLY NEEDED, folded size: 31.5" L x 12.6" W x 11.8" H. You can put it in the corner, closet or under the Bed when you finish workout.
- 【No Worry Buying】For all FLYBIRD Bench, the measurement and capacity is actual result, we have sold over 1000000 sets weight bench with high quality, Order today and get a 1 year cover on the frame, 30 days cover on the pads.
Best For Hyper Back Extension: Fitness Reality X-Class Bench Review
- Set Up Dimensions: 64” L x 28.8” W x 35” H; 36”L x 8-12”W tapered bench with 2.5” thick medium density foam
- 1 flat and 3 decline bench adjustments and 14 thigh support cushion height adjustments
- Sweat and moisture resistant double stitched vinyl bench covering
- Transportation wheels for easy moving from room to room
- 1.5” round soft and slip resistant push up and dip handle bars
Best Abs Workout Bench: Marcy Apex Utility Bench Review
- HEAVY-DUTY STEEL CONSTRUCTION – This slant board has a heavy-duty steel tube frame finished with a powder-coated finish that offers reliable resistance against scratches and wear and tear. It offers the durability to support all your workout routines.
- HIGH-DENSITY PADDED BACKBOARD – With a durable vinyl covering, this product is reinforced with comfortable foam padding to provide users with the right support. Its extra-long board keeps your back in place, reducing the risk of accidents and discomfort.
- UPPER BODY BUILDER – This slant board is designed to train the upper body with workouts such as sit-ups, crunches, decline bench presses, and leg raises. Make body building more effective and sculpt your arms, abs, core, and legs for a toned physique.
- ADJUSTABLE ROLLER PADS – This board lets you safely perform exercises with proper form with its four thigh and ankle roller pads. Its conveniently structured to adjustable pads offer precise stabilization for your legs while isolating upper body muscles.
- QUALITY HOME GYM EQUIPMENT – The premium materials and durable parts used in this equipment makes it the perfect addition to any home gym. This multi-functional exercise equipment comes with a two-year limited warranty for hassle-free usage.
Best Incine Bench for Home: Weider Incline Weight Bench Review
- Ideal for dumbbell exercises and other weight lifting workouts, this bench adjusts to deliver a personalized workout and proper exercise form with a 90 degree seat adjustment
- Enjoy comfortable stability and a more controlled workout with the 4 roll leg lockdown feature
- Durable, vinyl seats add comfort to your training
- Maximize your results with the included step by step exercise chart; Created by a certified personal trainer, this chart delivers the expertise you need to get the body you want
Best Adjustable Decline Sit Up Bench: XMark Ab Workout Bench Review
- ADJUSTABLE: With 12 levels of decline adjustment on a 47 inch rail using a locking pop-pin and a leg holder, this XMark Adjustable Ab Bench will target your ab muscles and challenge anyone from fitness novices to the most dedicated of athletes
- CONVENIENCE: Features a bullhorn handlebar for easier and safer mounting and dismounting of the ab bench. Rear transport wheels make moving this bench a breeze. Easily position it in any area of your workout space or roll it out for easy storing
- STABILITY: Sports a heavy-duty 14-gauge steel mainframe construction and a 2 inch by 3 inch back support, making it extremely stable, all coated in a baked scratch-resistant powder coat finish
- ERGONOMIC: Designed to prevent or reduce back strain with an ergonomically positioned leg holder which has large 4-inch contoured roller pads and extra thick 2.5-inch double stitched sweat and tear-resistant Duraguard vinyl cushions
- AB STRENGTH: XMark has got your back. This Adjustable Ab Bench will meet you at the level you’re at to enable you to achieve your fitness goals whether it’s sculpting a six pack, whittling the waist, or simply maintaining an active lifestyle
Heavy-duty Construction: Stamina Pro Bench Review
- Thickly padded bench with durable stitched vinyl upholstery
- Bench adjusts to 4 levels
- Adjustable, split thigh support. Recommended use- Use with or without dumbbells for ripped abs and a strong back
- Heavy-duty 2” steel frame construction
- Easy-to-reach extended hand grips
Best Roman Chair Bench: Sunny Health & Fitness Hyperextension Bench Roman Chair Review
Sunny Health & Fitness
- LOWER BODY WORKOUT: Targets the lower back, hip and glutes.
- EXPERT DESIGNED: Features a sleek and sturdy compact steel frame design ideal for home use.
- SPACE SAVING: Foldable for easy storage, convenience and portability.
- COMFORT: high density foam hip support pads with foam leg rollers.
- CUSTOMIZATION: Adjustable for different height requirements, maximum weight capacity is 250 LB.
Great Multi Purpose Workout Bench: Magic Fit Adjustable Weight Bench Review
- 【ADJUSTABLE WEIGHT BENCH】: There are 6 backrest pad positions and 4 seat pad positions to meet the need of users’ varying heights. Adjust the place which fit yourself and automatic lock.Safety and Convenient!
- 【330 LBS WEIGHT CAPACITY】: Excellent steel raw materials and strong powder coated tubular steel frame construction which is very sturdy and durable. 330 LBS is Person+Equipment Weight.Do not exceed this standard!
- 【1.6" SOFT FOAM PADDING&SAVE 90% SPACE】: BACKREST DIMENSIONS: 29.9" x 11.4" x1.6"(Thickness),upgraded backrest and seat made of 1.6" soft foam padding.Folded Size:36.2" L x 13.8" W x 6" H.You can put it in the corner or under the Bed when you finish workout.
- 【MULTIFUNCTION&Easy to install】: It's really easy and fast to assemble,it will only take about 10 minute.Once finish it,you can use this weight bench for bench press, incline and decline dumbbell, and many different types of exercise such as sit-up and push-up .
- 【ONE-YEAR WARRANTY】QUALITY GUARANTEE on all other damaged or missing part. If you have any question, please feel free to contact us through E-mail.Magic Fit Brand will give u the best customer service!
XL Backrest & Seat: ADVENOR Weight Bench Review
- 21 Position Adjustment Combinations: With 7 adjustable backrest positions and 3 adjustable seat positions which can be easily adjusted by a convenient spring knob, you can do bench press, incline and decline dumbbell, sit-up and push-up, etc. to work out your muscles on chest, back, shoulder, abdomen, hip and arms.
- Super Strong Steel Construction: Built with powder-coated heavy duty steel pipes that are 20% thicker and heavier than other models on the market and designed with stable triangle structure, the main frame has passed a series of strict load-bearing tests and is capable of bears the maximum weight of 800lbs.
- High Density Memory Foam Cushion: Covered with premium leather especially designed for advanced sports products and padded with thickened cushion with high elasticity and great air permeability, ADVENOR Weight Bench is wear-resisting and sweat-proof, guaranteeing long-term use without deformation with enhanced PVC piping and providing soft and comfortable touch. Thickness: 2.2 inches.
- Extra Large Backrest and Seat: Widened Backrest: 12inches. Widened Seat: 12~14.2inches features streamlined design. The expanded size makes ADVENOR weight bench more stable and safer than others along with the soft foot pad protecting your ankle. The four anti-skid rubber feet protects floor from scratch.
- 100% Foldable & Ultimate Convenience: It is a typical space saver taking up 1 square ft footprint when folded and almost fully pre-assembled with only the connection of non-slip foot pad is required. We also provide the LIFETIME WARRANTY and TELEPHONE SERVICE to secure customer experience.
How Effective Are Sit-Up Benches?
Okay, let’s first see what kind of home gym equipment is a sit-up bench. As you probably know, every gym has more than one of these benches. It is a piece of equipment designed for abdominal exercises. However, you can use it for chest presses and plenty of other exercises as well. Sit up bench usually comes with a padded backrest and support pads that provide maximum comfort during exercise. Although we will talk more about it later in the text, it is worth mentioning that these benches have inclined or declined position. Both positions can be stationary or adjusted to provide you with the most comfort.
Now, are they effective? Yes, sit-up benches are an excellent piece of equipment that can enable you to strengthen your target muscles. Exercises you are doing on this tool are designed to strengthen rectus abdominis, also known as six-pack muscles. However, while making our sit up bench reviews we’ve also discovered that they’re also efficient when it comes to strengthening your obliques and as hip flexor exercises. When you compare sit-ups performed on the bench to those done on the floor, you notice that first comes with more benefits. However, you need to know the proper form and follow it.
Key Benefits of Sit Up Benches
- Padded Backrest
- Padded Knee and Ankle Support
Sit Up Benches Types Available On the Market
The first problem you may encounter when looking for an abs sit up bench is the decision about the type. Namely, there are several types of professional sit up bench, and they appear to be similar to an inexperienced eye. However, the reality is that there are differences that can play a decisive role, and now we will take a look at them.
- Incline and decline sit up bench: It offers you the possibility to use it as both inclines sit up bench and decline sit up bench Plenty of athletes opt for this type because it allows them to do hardcore exercises. This type of bench is, however, not suitable for beginners, as it can be quite challenging for them.
- Roman sit up bench: It is usually used for lower abdominals. It is usually used by women who work out to have a flat belly and tight leg muscles. It is an easily folding sit up bench which makes it perfect for small apartments. Apart from that, it is portable, so you can take it if you don’t want to miss out on exercise when on vacation.
- Curved sit-up bench: It is a good option for people who want to do sit-ups but have back problems. It minimizes the discomfort you might have in the back while still giving you intensive abdominal exercise. It is also a good reverse sit up bench.
- Adjustable bench: It is one of the best benches on the market nowadays.The adjustable sit up bench can be flat or inclined, which means that you can do various exercises. It is one of the most popular options for home gyms.
How to Choose the Best Sit Up Bench
Okay, we covered the types. But it is essential to know that every model of each of these types has some specific features based on which you can determine whether or not it is a good option for you. For example, it is good to know if the model that interests you can be a heavy-duty sit up bench or not!
With that said, let’s now take a look at some of the most important features of abs sit up bench.
Weight Capacity and Sturdiness
Not all benches must be made to carry the same weight. Most incline sit up benches for sale are created with a capacity of 200-250 pounds. But for an average person, a bench with a capacity of 150-200 pounds should be enough. But if you are a bodybuilder or a weightlifter, then you will need something stronger. In that case, a heavy duty sit up bench that comes with the capacity to carry 300-350 pounds would be an ideal option for you.
Size and Portability
Whenever we plan to get a new piece of equipment, we are wondering about the space. And while creating our sit up bench reviews, we found out that generally, a good sit-up bench should be big enough so that anyone can do weighted ab exercises or upper ab exercises without any problem. However, you should also be able to move the bench around. So basically, your bench shouldn’t weigh more than 100 pounds. Also, most benches come with wheels, so it shouldn’t be hard to move them from one room to another if necessary. Keep in mind that there are also foldable and adjustable sit up benches which can be convenient if you live in a small space.
Same as other muscles, abs too can get used to exercises if you are doing them all the time. Why is that a problem? The thing is that when the muscles get used to an exercise they stop developing. In other words, they reach a plateau. It can be prevented, however, by adding variety to workouts. That is why we recommend that you look for adjustable models when buying a sit up bench. In our opinion, it is best to get a model that offers at least four levels of resistance. If you are a professional athlete or aiming to become one, you can get a model that comes with more options.
Material & Build Quality
Every sit up bench has two parts – frame and seat pads. When it comes to the frame, the best option is to choose steel because it is super durable. However, if you are not doing heavy-duty exercise, you can look also for some lightweight materials. Pads should be made of durable PU foam and vinyl.
Whether we are buying a machine for strength training or home exercise equipment for weight loss, price is one of the essential factors to consider. Here is the thing. This piece of equipment is generally not very expensive. But you may have cheap sit up benches that cost about $40, while the price of most models is around $150. Then some super professional models cost about $300. However, for an average person, a sit-up bench between $100 and $150 will do a splendid job.
Exercises to Try on Sit Up Bench
Crunches are among the most popular sit up bench exercises. If you do them properly, you will engage all of your abdominal muscles. Of course, the primary target is the rectus abdominis and oblique muscles. Crunches are bodyweight exercises. You can do them with or without additional weights. You can perform this exercise while lying on the floor too, but the results are better if you crunch with your legs on the bench.
How to Do It?
- Lie down and put your feet up on the bench. Knees should be at 90 degrees. Put your hands across the chest or behind the head
- Raise your upper body towards your knees.
- Hold for a few seconds and lay back down.
Leg lifts are a pretty challenging exercise designed to strengthen lower and upper abdominal muscles. Besides that, they also improve the flexibility of hip flexors and back extensors. Beginners find it much easier to perform this exercise when using the incline ab bench.
How to Do It?
- Lie on the bench and grab the handlebar.
- Lift your legs until they reach a 90-degree angle.
- Stay in that position for 1-3 seconds and lower your legs slowly.
This exercise targets all of your muscles. That means that it targets the lower back, obliques, etc. Many people prefer to perform this exercise on the bench because it is easier on the tailbone. If you need more resistance, you can adjust the backrest to a higher angle.
How to Do It?
- Sit on the bench. If you need more resistance, do the exercise with dumbbells, plate or a medicine ball.
- Rotate your left elbow towards the right knee and vice versa.
- Keep a tight core and straight back.
Incline Dumbbell Press
It is a phenomenal exercise that strengthens and tones the chest muscles. Women and men can benefit equally from this dumbbell press. However, you should know that it is better to look for another exercise if you want to use heavyweights. Incline dumbbell press primarily targets upper chest muscles.
How to Do It?
- Sit on the bench and lean back. Take the dumbbell in each hand.
- Tighten your core and lift both dumbbells over your chest as you exhale. Dumbbells should practically touch each other at the top of the movement.
- Your arms should be at 90 degrees angle to the floor.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells as you inhale.
- Try to do 8-12 reps.
And that’s all we wanted to share with you about the sit up bench! So what can be said about it, in general?
In our opinion, a sit-up bench is one of the first pieces of equipment you should consider buying when equipping your home gym. The main reason is that it is versatile and allows you to perform many exercises, for different parts of the body. Besides that, it is not too expensive, and it will not occupy plenty of space in your home. And when you have all this information, choosing the best sit up bench 2022 should not be a challenge.
So have you tried working out on the sit up bench before? How did you like it?