Remember: all information, content, and material of this website is just for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or your healthcare provider/personal fitness trainer.
Editor-in-Chief of the Approved By Coach
The TDS weight rack is manufactured by the USA company TDS Fitness Equipment Company. There isn’t much known about the company, since it prefers anonymity. All that is known is that the creators’ of the TDS weight rack HQ is located in Elmira, NY. Their company was founded in 1986, with the sole purpose of manufacturing sporting, fitness, and athletic goods.
What is TDS Power Rack?
The TDS Power Rack is 72” tall, 1000lbs weight capacity home gym equipment for serious weight-lifters. It is safe, easy-to-use, sturdy, and reliable. Asides from weight-lifting, you can also perform certain exercises within the depth-to-depth pillars. But, note that TDS power rack reviews showed that taller weight-lifters may have difficulty performing vertically-inclined exercises within the case because of its height. Here are a few of the products dimensional features:
|Maximum Weight Capacity
|Assembled Dimensions (LxWxH)
||48” by 48.5”
|Adjustment Height Levels
||31 holes (2 Inches Apart)
Who is the TDS Power Rack For?
TDS Reviews show that users on the first contact with the TDS rack assume it’s built for beginners because of its budget-friendly nature. We think the TDS brand makes a statement with this product; since not all high-quality products must be expensive. In essence, the budget-friendly TDS power rack is built for both beginners and advanced weight-lifters.
TDS fold back full power rack has pretty extensive product features:
- 75” height
- 11 gauge 2” x 2” steel frame
- In-built weight storage racks
- 1 1/8 professionally knurled chinning bar
- 1000lbs maximum weight capacity
- Rear and frontal stands with 31 holes each and 2” spacing
- Bold-print post numbering
- Sturdy steel safety pins and J-hooks for safety
Pros and Cons
||Paint on the steel and j-hook tends to chip off easily
|Super Sturdy frame
||Has only one pull up bar
|Numbered uprights for ease of use
||The height inside of the cage is only favorable to short weight-lifters
TDS Power Rack Overview
TDS Weight Rack has very impressive features, with all the sturdiness you need from a home gym. The most noteworthy are:
The TDS rack is made of sturdy steel, j-hooks, and solid safety bars. The frontal and rear steel stay firmly balanced on the ground, and the spotter bars have a 1000lb maximum capacity rating.
The already heavy gauge is designed to take on heavier loads, consequently serving beginners and advanced fitness enthusiasts. The TDS weight rack is also built with spaces for future lat attachments and other fitness accessories.
If you take a look at some of the TDS Power Rack reviews you’ll see how users cannot seem to stop talking about the convenience that comes with numbered uprights. This squat rack has all the uprights numbered, and it makes progress checks super easy.
Pillar To Pillar Depth
Inside depth is usually not as important to power-lifters as it is to bodybuilders since all their movements are in a straight line. Bodybuilders, however, require a power rack with standard inside depth for convenience.
Power Rack Reviews stipulate 23” inside depth as the standard pillar to pillar depth. The TDS rack achieves that standard and even goes further to add an extra 3″ to the equipment’s inside depth.
When using this home gym equipment, you can rest assured that the j-hooks are firmly secured. They won’t snap, neither will they shift out of positions.
Safety is the most important aspect of any equipment, and with a TDS squat rack, you can be certain about that. The j-hooks are tightly screwed to the bars. The steel bars and the frame are also balanced firmly on the ground. While we think it would be even better if the TDS Fitness Equipment could devise the means to screw the frame to the ground, the fact that the TDS squat rack is safe remains without a doubt.
TDS Power Rack Alternatives
If TDS Power Rack for some reason doesn’t work for you, there are also some alternative brands you can check out. They are of a similar design and are also budget-friendly:
- Rep Fitness PR-1000: this home gym equipment is as affordable as the TDS weight rack. However, it has 3″ hole spacing, unlike the latter’s 2″ hole spacing, is made of 19 adjustment holes and is built with the standard 23” inside depth.
- Fitness Reality 810XLT: this model is more similar to the TDS brand. They are both of cheap prices, 2″ hole spacing, and 1000lb weight capacity. Though it is made of 14 gauge steel, the TDS power rack has a higher stability rating.
Fitness Reality Squat Rack Power Cage with | Optional Lat Pulldown & Leg Holdown Attachment | Squat and Bench Rack Combos| Super Max 810 XLT |
- 【STRONG ASTM TESTED 800 LBS. WEIGHT CAPACITY】- Don't put your safety in the hands of a squat rack that hasn't been tested. Our Squat Rack was ASTM tested at 2,000 pounds in order to get an official weight capacity of 800 pounds.
- 【SOLID STEEL LONG SAFETY ARMS】- Other companies provide hollow tubes, not us. Have peace of mind knowing that our safety arms are solid steel rods, designed to handle heavy weight.
- 【MULTI-GRIP & REVERSIBLE PULLUP BARS】-Wide grip, narrow grip, hammer grip pullups are all available with this power cage. Can be reversed to lower the height of the cage. This is important if you have a lower ceiling.
- 【STANDARD SIZED 1" HOLES】- Makes your squat rack compatible with standard sized attachments such as J hooks, Dip bars, Weight storage bars etc...
- 【TWIN SUPPORT BRACES】-Makes this power cage strong and sturdy. Lower brace also acts as a feet support when using the Low Row Cable attachment
What Exercises Can Be Performed on TDS Power Rack?
Some of the exercises that you can perform on the TDS Power Rack are:
- Power cleans
Verdict And Our Recommendation for 2022
For us, the TDS Power Rack is the best power rack for home gym. The fact that it’s sturdy, firm, versatile, and affordable actually makes it one of the best squat racks you’ll find on the market. What’s also great is because of its height it can fit into your apartment quite well. So TDS Squat Rack is definitely a great option every athlete should consider. And regardless of what you choose, we wish you all the best on your fitness journey!